Monday, May 14, 2012

Flea Market Finds

Last weekend I went to 2 flea markets and an estate sale.  Here are some of my finds!


Neat wool felt bag.  It has some moth holes but it's still so cute!

Some fun and bright vintage linens!

Vintage St. Anthony Guild seals.  These will protect your letters en route!

When I saw the pillow on left, I exclaimed, "You have GOT to be kidding me!"  On the right is a needlepoint that *I* have been working on for about 9-10 years now and it's almost finished.  So I guess that was a waste of time.  Oh well, at least I'll have a pair now.  SIGH.

Neat little Japanese style textile.

Older Japanese kimono.  It has some stains so I need to decide how to clean it.  I loved the print, though.

A full box of vintage pencil leads.  I'm hoping these will fit some vintage mechanical pencils that I have.

Odds and ends.  A compass, ruler, necklaces.

Neat Mary and St. Ann statue. 

This might be the original Facebook.  2.5 inches high, silver metal, looks like a small book but opens to reveal....

Space for tiny pictures!  I love it.

One booth at the flea market had a box of neat old textile pieces....

Woven pieces....

The scarf at bottom right has a very intricate knotted fringe border.

Super fancy Indian sandals.  Alas, they are about a size 5.

A good time was had by all.  Check out the flea market on the site and discover some treasures for yourself!



8 comments:

  1. that needlepoint is too funny. i have a stocking (xmas) i've been making for at least 35 years. it's crewel embroidery,hangs on the door to the craft room in it's basmati rice bag, and awaits my infrequent attention. the tiny facebook is hilarious. i can hardly picture the whole thing being 2.5 inches with FOUR pictures still inside that....marcia in colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will forward this page to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!burun estetigi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow!!! what is this nice post. I have been Wonderful about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will certainly be subscribing to your blog. burun estetigi

      Delete
    2. Hi..This is my first day i am reading your blog and I found it somewhat interesting. Six years are really long time..Keep going and thanks for sharing with us.
      Domain reseller
      cheapest domain reseller

      Delete
  3. I fistly saw the Indian sandals in this blogi I also llike them as you ...Horlama Ameliyatı

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.
    toddler costume

    ReplyDelete